Question:
What is the best restaurant in Seattle, WA?
willypipe98146
2006-05-25 15:48:06 UTC
What is the best restaurant in Seattle, WA?
Ten answers:
Käriev
2006-05-27 21:01:30 UTC
Hands-down, it's Canlis.

Our first visit to Canlis was more of a royal tribute to the diner and his taste buds, rather than a mere dinner. Valet car service politely helped us out of our vehicle and held open the entrance doors. The maitre’d greeted us warmly by name (he must have been tipped off by the valet) and showed us to our table, which was pulled out for our sitting convenience, and replaced for comfortable distance from our meal yet to come. Our server could better be called a personal valet, as she anticipated appropriate moments to welcome us, offer menu details, and coordinate the actions for our table. Even when we asked for the particulars of the dining certificate we had purchased at a charity event, she treated us with first-class care and even assisted in maximizing the value of the certificate so that we could try a broad sampling from the menu. Every food item was brought timely and displayed attractively. The food was always at perfect temperature (salads chilled, meats warm) and the tastes outdid their mouth-watering descriptions. Water glasses were dutifully refilled before reaching the halfway point and all placements were made unobtrusively, as if items just appeared and disappeared from the table. Finally, after we paid our cheque and walked out the held-open door, our car was waiting just outside, the valet having been notified by the maitre’d that we were making our departure. In all, the dining experience was magical and we look forward to returning.
Nancy
2016-05-20 07:41:53 UTC
There are so many nice places in Seattle, which is why I love it here, but, since you are trying to celebrate a special occasion, then I would suggest the following: Cutters (downtown, a tourist trap, but, great for the views of the water and nice variety on the menu), SeaStar (Bellevue), very trendy, reservations required, high class all the way and the BEST food (not just seafood; try the kobe steak! better than ruth chris!), The Metropolitan Grill (good steaks), Anthony's (either Kirkland or Mukilteo, great views).... um, that's all I can think of for now! There are too many to choose from - good luck and happy anniversary.
bartzturkeymom
2006-05-26 21:14:37 UTC
Our favorite restaurants in Seattle include:

1. Jalisco’s -- Chile Rellenos, chicken enchiladas

2. Chutney’s – Chicken Tikka Masala, lamb biryani

3. China First – Hot and Sour Soup,

4. Costas Opa – Moussaka, Avgolemeno soup, Spanikopita

5. Olympia Pizza and Spaghetti House–

6. Daniel’s Broiler - Filet or prime rib

7. Ivar’s Salmon House – Alder smoked salmon, Viking stew

8. Anthony’s Homeport - Halibut or scallops

9. Mediterranean Kitchen - lamb shish kabob, Farmer’s Dish

10. Dick’s – Hamburgers, milkshakes, fries
2006-05-27 10:16:12 UTC
I love the Old Spagetti Factory!

Great food (I love their meatballs), excellent service, reasonable prices, located close to everything downtown.

There is an old trolly car inside the dining room, it is a neat place. The place is huge, never had to wait to eat there, they usually seat families away from no kids parties so it is great for both.

Hope you enjoy!

Included a link of the dinner menu and a map for directions.
fatsausage
2006-05-25 22:14:43 UTC
Rovers on Madison Street at Martin Luther. Reservations required,
2006-05-25 20:52:17 UTC
Metropoltian Grill is the best for a steakhouse

Ruths is also good

Canlis is a nice upscale resturaunt

Anthony's on Peir 66 has the best Calimari

Palisades is another good one
tfshq
2006-05-26 11:05:59 UTC
you should check out http://www.menuserve.com/

they have thousands of restaurant listings by location and by cuisine.

different than all the others that provide address and number menuserve also provides the restaurants COMPLETE menu !
the_turp
2006-05-30 15:31:53 UTC
For the best seafood (and more), try The Bonefish Grill.
choppercam1
2006-05-28 20:01:11 UTC
Metropolitan Grill is fantastic.
prettysmileygrl
2006-06-01 00:41:00 UTC
skip seattle and go to leavenworth the best german food!